Supports resilient tendons and ligaments. Proactively and during recovery.
- Boosts the natural collagen synthesis
- Promotes the blood circulation in connective tissue
- Potent herbal blend packed with antioxidants
Tendons are strong, but sometimes they just need a little extra care. This vegan supplement is formulated with a blend of potent ingredients that support the maintenance of resilient tendons, enhancing the time and quality of healing and help limit recurrent injuries.
Improved flexibility, strength, and resilience in your horse's tendons, that's what we're aiming for - so you can feel confident and secure during even the most demanding activities.
Sounds good, but I need the facts!
Compared to muscles, tendons have very little blood flow. Because of this, nutrients and waste substances are supplied and removed more slowly, resulting in slower recovery. Actifyt Tendon provides key building blocks to maintain strong tendons and ligaments. Additionally it stimulates the blood circulation and a normal inflammatory response. Actifyt Tendon can be used proactively but also during the recuperation from injuries.
Key ingredients and benefits
- Vegan glycine, proline and leucine as major amino acids in tendons and ligaments and as building blocks of collagen. These amino acids can promote the regeneration of collagen fibers in case of tendon injuries by boosting the horse's natural collagen synthesis.
- MSM is a bio-available source of organic sulphur. Sulphur is naturally found in the horse's body and has an important role in tissue healing at a cellular level and in collagen production. It also supports a normal response to inflammation.
- Boswellia and curcuma are two powerful plantextracts known for their joint-soothing qualities. They support joint health from within and provide comfort.
- Stinging nettle and black currant herbal extracts rich in antioxidants and supporting metabolic organs such as the liver and kidneys to remove waste substances in the horse's body. Because the build-up of waste products is something that can unbalance the horse's body.
- Ginkgo biloba can positively influence nitric oxide levels in the blood which may boost the blood flow, and consequently enhance nutrient supply to the tendons and ligaments. Also known for its antioxidant qualities.
- Glucosamine as a key component in supporting joint and tendon health. It also supports the strength, structure and shock absorbing qualities of cartilage. Most glucosamine is sourced from shellfish. Actifyt instead uses a vegan alternative sourced from fermented corn. The glucosamine from fermentation has an identical molecular structure to glucosamine obtained from crustaceans, and has the same bio-availability.
- Vitamin C and E, two antioxidants that are thought to have a protective effect by either reducing or preventing oxidative damage. Vitamin C is also a co-factor for the horse's natural collagen synthesis.
- Chelated minerals and trace elements such as zinc and copper. Important co-factors in the synthesis of collagen.
Actifyt Tendon is particularily recommended for:
- Hard-working horses whose locomotor system is under increased pressure and who are prone to tendon and ligament problems
- Horses recuperating from tendon and ligament injuries as additional care and support
- All horses that can use proactive care and support to maintain healthy connective tissue
Daily feed advice
- Horse 600 kg: 40g = one level scoop
- Horse < 600 kg and ponies: 20g = half a scoop
Add the supplement daily to your horse's feed. A 50 ml level scoop gives approximately 40 g. There is a multilevel (10 ml - 50 ml) scoop included with your order. Moisten the powder if necessary so that it sticks to the feed and does not remain on the bottom of the feeder.
In more acute circumstances (competition or injury recovery) the administered dose can be increased to 60g per day during the first week for extra support.
The safety of Actifyt Tendon has not been tested in pregnant and lactating mares. Therefore, the use during pregnancy and lactation is not recommended.
Number of days administration at 40g
1,5kg = 38 days
Additional feeding information
Actifyt Tendon is packed in a resealable pouch. Tear open the pouch with the foreseen tear notch and close well after use.
No side-effects are known, however individual oversensitivity from an ingredient can always occur. As the body and health condition of every horse is different, the results and the time frame in which the results become noticeable, can vary.
Food supplements should never be used as a substitute for a well balanced and varied diet. The recommended dosage should not be exceeded without first consulting a veterinarian. Store in a cool and dry place. Keep out of the reach of children. These supplements are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any injuries or diseases. They are developed to give your horse an extra support to improve its wellbeing and performance.
Composition: brewer's yeast, wheat protein, D-glucosamine sulphate 2 KCl (from fermentation), flax seed powder, methylsulfonylmethane, DHA-complex from algae (omega-3)
Additives per kg
Plant extracts: boswellia serrata extract (60% boswellic acids) 30g, Ginkgo Biloba extract (24% flavone glycosides, 6% terpene lactones) 20g, curcuma longa extract (95% curcuminoids) 7,5g, stinging nettle extract 1g, black currant extract 250mg.
Aromatic substances: glycine 60g, L-arginine 40g, L- leucine 20g, L-proline 20g, blend of aromatic substances
Bamboo extract (75% silicum) 7,5g
Vitamins and provitamins: vitamin E (all-rac-alfa-tocopheryl acetate) 20g, vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 18,8g.
Micro elements: zinc (zinc bisglycinate) 195mg, copper (copper bisglycinate) 130mg
Crude protein 50,29%, crude fat 8,22%, crude ash 7,76%, crude cellulose 3,54%, sodium 0,00%
Questions you and your four legged friend might have
Frequently Asked Questions
No. All of our products are free of added sugars in any form!
Actifyt Joint, on the one hoof, was developped to give complete joint support. It contains carefully selected herbs and nutrients to promote strong cartilage, healthy joint fluid and comfortable movements. On the other hoof, Actifyt Tendon specially targets tendon and ligament health and resilience. The concentrated formula contains key amino acids, vitamins and minerals that stimulate the natural collagen synthesis of the horse. On top of that, a powerful blend of herbs supporting the metabolism and blood circulation is added.
Yes, of course. The Actifyt formulas are specially designed to be used together.
Actifyt Tendon is most effective when given to the horse every day for at least 4-5 weeks. After this period, evaluate the results. If additional support is desired, extend the administration period. For horses suffering from repeated, chronic tendon complications, we recommend long-term use of Actifyt Tendon.
Actifyt Tendon is a plant-based supplement with scientifically proven ingredients. It contains a higher dose of active substances and higher quality ingredients that are optimally absorbed. The formula provides all the essential nutrients to enhance the natural collagen synthesis and the blood circulation in the tendons. Plus, it is packed with natural antioxidants that limit cellular damage caused by oxidative stress. Our potent supplement supports connective tissue from within and this in a natural and sustainable way.
Yes, all Actifyt products are doping-free. So it is safe to use them throughout competitions.
Yes, of course.